1. What has been traditionally used a fuel?
2. What are made from hair of pigs and camels?
3. Which birds were used to carry messages in olden times?
5. Why are horses given gram as supplementary food?
7. What are hens kept for laying eggs called?
8. Which animal grows a pearl?
9. What is obtained from palas tree?
10. What is business of rearing silkworm to obtain silk fibre called?
11. What is pisciculture?
Originally posted 2015-11-24 12:45:44.
12. Write the three stages of the tilling of land in the proper order.
- Correct Answer: Pre-sowing, sowing, post-sowing.
13. Which of the following is not a pesticide?
14. What is preventive spraying?
15. What is curative spraying?
16. What is used for harvesting?
17. What is used to dig the ground?
18. What is used to pull and spread soil?
19. What is done when the crop is ready?
20. What is tissue culture?
Originally posted 2015-11-24 12:38:39.
23. What is soil made of?
24. Which are the constituents of plant origin in soil?
25. What steps can be taken to prevent erosion of soil?
26. Which are man's basic needs satisfied by plants?
- Correct Answer: food, clothes, shelter
27. What are the organic constituents of soil?
28. What is the disturbance of natural balance of soil called?
29. When did the Government of India first start the social forestry projects?
30. Which soil has the greatest capacity for holding water?
31. What gives an idea of fertility, drainage and other properties of soil?
32. Which brigade carries out the social forestry project in Maharashtra?
Originally posted 2015-11-24 11:51:48.
33. Name the constituents of air.
34. What is the proportion of nitrogen in air?
35. What is the proportion of oxygen in air?
36. Of what use is carbon dioxide to plants?
37. What is meant by nitrogen fixation?
38. How does nitrogen fixation happen?
39. What function does an observatory perform?
40. What causes greenhouse effect?
41. What is found in clouds and mist?
42. What is used in aerated drinks?
43. What is used in electric bulbs?
44. What is used to obtain very low temperatures?
45. What is used in the production of nitric acid?
46. What is mandatory to treat before letting them out?
Originally posted 2015-11-24 11:35:18.
47. What is meant by an allotrope?
48. Which are the allotropes of carbon?
- Correct Answer: Diamond, graphite, fullerene, coke, coal etc.
49. Why is diamond used to cut metals?
50. Why is carbon dioxide is used for putting out fires?
51. Which gas is formed in a biogas plant?
53. What turns lime water milky?
54. How is charcoal made?
55. How is graphite used in pencil known?
56. What is the percentage of carbon in peat?
57. Who of the following was not awarded Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1996?
Originally posted 2015-11-24 11:31:03.
58. Why is copper used for electrical wiring in our houses?
59. Why does a copper vessel shine again after scrubbing?
60. What is meant by corrosion?
61. Why are ornaments generally not made from 24-carat gold?
62. Why are ships painted at frequent intervals?
63. Why are gold and platinum called noble elements?
64. What are properties of metals?
65. Which metal is used in thermometer?
66. Which is an alloy of iron, carbon, nickel, chromium?
67. Which metals are contained in bronze?
68. Which gas is released when metals react chemically with acids?
69. What is formed when a metal combines with oxygen?
70. Which non-metal is used in gun powder?
Originally posted 2015-11-24 11:25:48.
71. Which are the states of matter?
- Correct Answer: solid, liquid, gas
72. What is melting point?
73. What is boiling point?
75. What changes from solid to liquid to gas when a candle burns?
76. What is the melting point of ice?
77. What is the boiling point of water?
78. Which method is used to obtain salt from sea water in salt pans?
79. What is the boiling point of ethanol?
Originally posted 2015-11-24 11:20:56.
80. Why is the direction of the current in an electric motor reversed after every half round?
81. How can the strength of an electro-magnet be increased?
82. What is the principle of an electric motor?
83. Why is there a key in an electrical circuit?
84. Why in an electric bell, the electric currents stop again and again?
85. Why are electrical switches made of plastic?
86. When was the Leclanche cell made?
87. Which cell is also called lithium cell?
88. Who gets the credit for the experiment of electro-magnetic induction?
89. What gives protection from electrical current?
Originally posted 2015-11-24 11:17:55.
90. What is meant by fuel?
91. Name the different types of fossil fuel.
- Correct Answer: solid, liquid, gaseous.
92. Which are renewable sources of energy?
93. Which element is used for the production of atomic power?
94. In how many minutes the sun gives us energy needed for a year?
95. Why are deposits of fossil fuels limited?
96. Why is natural gas convenient to use as a fuel?
97. Why is the temperature of the atmosphere rising?
98. What is the unit of energy?
99. How is charcoal produced?
100. Name the compounds contained in fossil fuels.
101. Where is an atomic power project in Maharashtra?
Originally posted 2015-11-24 11:12:04.