1. Who wrote Buddhacharit?
2. What are Buddhist scriptures?
3. Who wrote Shakuntala?
4. Which is a well-known text in Indian medicine?
5. Which book describes various chemicals, metals in their pure form, etc.?
6. Who stated that the earth revolves around the sun?
7. How many students could Nalanda university accommodate at a time?
8. Where did Emperor Ashoka build a stupa?
9. Which caves contain statues of the Buddha and colourful frescoes?
10. Where is the iron pillar which is an excellent specimen of the metallurgical skill?
Originally posted 2015-12-28 16:41:19.
11. Which of the following were not exported to Rome from India?
12. To which port in Europe did Arab traders carry Indian goods?
13. Who took the concept of zero in mathematics to Europe?
14. Which countries were greatly influenced by Indian culture?
- Correct Answer: Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia, Sri Lanka
15. Pearls from which country were in great demand in India?
16. Where is the influence of Ajanta paintings seen?
17. Who were the Buddhist Bhikkhus invited by the Emperor of China?
18. Where is the Buddhist stupa in Indonesia greatly influenced by Indian architecture?
19. Where are ballet dances based on the stories from Ramayana and Mahabharata popular?
Originally posted 2015-12-28 16:45:51.
20. Who defeated Brihadratha?
21. Who is referred to as Milinda in Indian writings?
22. Who was a famous king of the Kushanas?
23. Which empire flourished in India between 320 AD and 600 AD?
24. Who was the founder of the Gupta dynasty?
25. Who annexed Malawa, Gujarat and Saurashtra to the Gupta empire?
26. Who was the most renowned king of the Vardhan dynasty?
27. Which was the capital of Harshavardhan's empire?
28. Which Bhikku came to India from China during Harsha's regime?
29. How many years did Fa Hien stay in India?
Originally posted 2015-12-28 16:13:14.
30. Which was the capital of the Satavahanas?
31. Who of the Satavahana kings is particularly well-known?
32. Who founded the Vakataka dynasty?
33. Who was the most renowned of the Vakataka kings?
34. Who established the rule of the Chalukya dynasty?
35. Which was the capital of the Chalukyas?
36. Who repulsed Emperor Harshavardhan's invasion?
37. Which was the capital of the Pallavas?
38. Who had defeated Pulakeshi II?
39. Which famous Sanskrit poet was at the Pallava court?
40. Sangham literature is in which language?
Originally posted 2015-12-28 16:36:29.
41. Which was the capital of Kosala?
42. Which kingdom did Udayana rule?
43. Which was the capital of Avanti?
44. Who annexed the States of Kashi, Anga, Madra, Avanti and Kosala?
45. Who convened the first Buddhist council at Rajgriha?
46. Who was a noteworthy successor of Ajatshatru?
47. Which kings ruled Magadha between 364 BC and 324 BC?
48. Who ended the Nanda rule?
49. Who conquered the Gandhar and Sindh provinces?
50. Who vanquished the Iranian empire and invaded India?
51. Where did Alexander die?
Originally posted 2015-12-28 16:05:00.
52. Who was the founder of the Maurya empire?
53. Who invaded India during the during Chandragupta Maurya's rule?
54. Who was Seleucus Nicator's ambassador to Chandragupta's court?
55. Where did Chandragupta Maurya spend his last days?
56. Which kingdom did Ashoka annex?
57. Where did Ashoka convene a grand religious council?
58. Whom did Ashoka send to Sri Lanka to preach Buddhism?
59. In how many divisions did Ashoka divide his empire?
60. Who wrote Ashtaddhyayi?
61. What are compositions of women of Bauddha Sanghas known as?
Originally posted 2015-12-28 16:08:46.
62. How many varnas were there during the Vedic Period?
63. Who was the head of the family during the Vedic Period?
64. What was an individual expected to be during brahmacharyashrama?
65. What is grihastha?
66. What type of life did an individual lead during vanaprasthashrama?
67. What was an individual expected to do during sanyasashrama?
68. What were the staple food during the Vedic Period?
69. What was nishka?
70. What came to be considered as the soul and substance of religion?
71. What did the people term the regular pattern in nature?
Originally posted 2015-12-28 15:58:04.
72. Who was the twenty-fourth Tirthankar?
73. Where was Vardhaman Mahavir born?
74. How many years of rigorous tapa did Vardhaman Mahavir undergo?
75. Which language did Vardhaman Mahavir use?
76. What did Vardhaman Mahavir consider to be the greatest principle?
77. What was the birth name of Gautama Buddha?
78. Where was Gautama Buddha born?
79. Where did Gautama Buddha attain enlightenment?
80. Where did Gautama Buddha deliver his first sermon?
81. Which language did Gautama Buddha use?
Originally posted 2015-12-28 16:01:40.
82. Which of the following was not a main item of food during the Harappa Period?
83. What were the mirrors of Harappan people made of?
84. What were important means of recreation during the Harappa Period?
85. What were the children's toys made of?
86. What did the Harappan people do to their dead?
87. What was mostly the shape of Harappan seals?
88. What was another occupation along with agriculture?
89. Where were the pots baked?
90. Where have Harappan seals been found?
Originally posted 2015-12-28 15:44:07.